These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Symposium Wine Emporium website, and your relationship with Symposium Fine Wine Emporium LLP, who trade through www.symposium-finewine.co.uk and the shop located at: 32 Lansdown Place, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2JU. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not register for or use the site.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- Throughout these Terms and Conditions, "Symposium Wine Emporium" refers to Symposium Fine Wine Emporium LLP (registered company details shown here).
- Symposium Wine Emporium reserves the right to add or amend these terms and conditions. Customers will be notified on its website at www.symposium-finewine.co.uk in the event of any change.
- We shall not be liable for any failure to meet our obligations laid out in these Terms and Conditions occasioned by circumstances beyond our reasonable control (force majeure).
- You can make purchases in the following ways: a) In person in the shop at 32 Lansdown Place, Lewes, E. Sussex, BN7 2JU b) Over the phone (01273478933) c) Via our website (www.symposium-finewine.co.uk)
- By placing an order through www.symposium-finewine.co.uk you warrant that: a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts b) You are at least 18 years old
- Orders may be filled and placed by clicking the 'confirm order' button. In doing this you are making an offer to buy from us within our terms. We will respond with an email confirmation of the order thus accepting your order upon receipt of payment or when we send you an invoice. If a mistake has been made in pricing or we are no longer able to supply a particular product, we will always contact you to notify you of the situation and ensure the new price is acceptable.
- All prices are quoted per bottle in UK Pounds (GBP), including VAT and excise duty unless otherwise stated. Please note that prices and availability may change at any time.
- While all efforts are made to keep the vintages up to date on the website, we reserve the right to dispatch wine from a newer vintage, should the older vintage be finished.
- We may decline to sell any product to you for any reason. We are not obliged to tell you the reason for our decision.
- Symposium Wine Emporium must receive payment in full before delivery will be arranged unless the Company has agreed credit terms. Symposium Wine Emporium will not enter into a sale or return arrangement unless specifically agreed prior to order confirmation.
Symposium Wine Emporium uses a secure Payment Gateway to process payments through the website, ensuring the connection is encrypted when transmitting banking information and safeguarding your financial data. All credit and charge card transactions are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the security department or Symposium Wine Emporium suspect fraud, we have the right to cancel the transaction.
We accept payment by Switch and Maestro debit cards, Delta, Solo, Visa and Mastercard. We don’t accept payment via cheque. Orders may be delayed by transfers of money or credit card authorisations not being confirmed by the respective banks. Please note that it is the Customer’s responsibility to contact your bank to speed up this process if the order is required urgently. Credit cards are always debited in Pound Sterling (GBP). Please note that payment will be taken in full at the time of ordering.
- We offer delivery to mainland UK addresses. We aim to do this within 3 working days, on orders received by 12pm (subject to all stock being on the premises in Lewes), but it may take longer notably at Christmas time or due to the Coronavirus situation.
- FREE LOCAL DELIVERY: If you live close to Lewes, please call the shop on 01273478933 to check with us whether this applies to you. Minimum order quantity is 6 bottles for free delivery if you live in Lewes, or 12 bottles for the surrounding area.
- Free click-and-collect service. Alternatively, give us a call, and we can get your order together for you to collect from the Lewes shop.
- Regional and national deliveries are carried out Monday-Friday. Some local deliveries are possible on the weekend, please contact us for details.
- Orders must be received by 12.00pm to be dispatched that day, and we aim to deliver within 48 hours of dispatch. Orders received after 12.00pm will not be dispatched until the following working day. If a wine is not in stock, we will contact you with a date when you can expect delivery.
- During busy periods such as Christmas, please allow an extra two days for your parcels to be dispatched and delivered. All Christmas deliveries must be placed by 14th December, to ensure delivery in time for Christmas.
- We are currently only doing deliveries to mainland UK.
- If you require your order urgently, please call the shop on 01273478933.
- Regional and national deliveries are normally made between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and a signature will be required. Please choose a delivery address where somebody can sign for your order.
- If you miss your delivery, contact the courier’s local depot, who can then rearrange delivery.
- Should you give instruction for the parcel to be left safe without a signature (e.g. in the porch, at the back door, in the garage, etc.), this is done at your own risk. Please provide as much information as possible when placing your order to ensure safe delivery of your wine. Neither we nor our couriers will accept responsibility should the wines be lost, stolen, or damaged as a result of such instructions being followed.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to PO boxes.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of delivery of any shortages or breakages. We will fully investigate all claims, and replace or refund where necessary within 7 working days of notification.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
- We are committed to complete customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with any product purchased from us, simply return it to us within 28 days of receipt, and we will issue a refund for the value of the returned items.
- All refunds will be net of any delivery charges.
- All returned items must be in their original, undamaged packaging and we will consider the overall condition when making a refund (this does not affect your statutory rights in the event of receipt of faulty goods). Please inform us by email of your intention to return goods, explaining why they are being returned, and ensure that the goods are securely packaged for their return, to avoid any damage in transit. You, the customer, are fully responsible for any return transit charges.
- Should the wrong item(s) be dispatched, we shall arrange for the collection of the goods in question, along with either the refund or re-dispatch of the goods requested as soon as the error is brought to our attention.
If you wish to cancel your order, this must be done via email to [email protected]. If the items have not been dispatched, then a full refund will be issued. If the wines have already been dispatched, please see above for our Returns and Refunds policy.
WINE TASTING & DINNER TICKETS
In the event of cancellation by the Customer, full refunds will only be given if we are notified at least 28 days before the date of the event. Refunds will only be given after this time if we are able to re-sell your tickets.
All attendees of Symposium Wine Emporium ticketed events must be 18 years or older. In line with Symposium Wine Emporium age verification policy and to comply with UK licencing law, attendees may be asked to produce photographic identification with proof of age.
Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed in the shop. They can’t be used to buy further gift vouchers. Gift Vouchers have no expiration date.
- We value every customer, and will do all we can to ensure the safety of our customers' personal information at all times. All online transactions are processed using the latest industry standards for secure online payment processing. For security reasons, we request that no Credit Card information be sent by email.
- If you would like us to remove your information from our mailing list, just let us know by email and we shall do so immediately.
In the event of complaint please e-mail [email protected] giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential.
For orders up to 12 bottles: £10.50 per UK Mainland address
For orders over 12 bottles: £15 per UK Mainland address
Please note that for delivery to areas such as Scottish Highlands, there may be extra charges involved, please contact us first.